Table of Contents
Learn more here…
Learn more about the presentation of stroke here!
Include in assessment
- Exact onset/when last well
- Any change/progression in symptoms
- Risk factors (e.g. smoking, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, AF)
- Full neurological exam
- Pulse (AF)
- Heart sounds
- Carotid bruits
- Risk factor signs
- Corneal arcus
- Clopidogrel 75mg OD (or anticoagulation if patient is in AF – but wait 2 weeks after stroke)
- Statin – but wait 48 hours after stroke
What is the DVLA advice with regards to stroke and driving?
Which scoring system may be used in stroke to help make decisions about thrombolysis?
How is a haemorrhagic stroke managed?